Spring is the season we all associate with starting anew.
Yet, when it comes to helping save Canadian lives, I want to assure you that the MedicAlert team is busy all four seasons ...not to mention every minute of every day!
We couldn’t do this vital work without the support from our generous subscribers, donors and families. If you’ve ever wondered what your generosity provides, look no further than in the heartwarming stories shared by these MedicAlert subscribers:
- There’s the story of Kathryn, who lives with dementia, and daughter Katrina, and how their lives are made a little bit easier every day thanks to MedicAlert Safely Home. This program is created together with Alzheimer Society of Canada to help all Canadians living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- Michelle relies on MedicAlert to protect her 10-year-old son Nolan, who lives with anaphylactic food allergies, asthma and autism. Nolan is a subscriber of the MedicAlert No Child Without program, which you help support when you make a donation.
- Thanks also to you, more Winnipeggers are safer today. That’s because the MedicAlert Connect Protect service recently launched in the Manitoban capital in March. This is MedicAlert’s 10th police partnership across the country – with more to come later this year. Again, it’s you who should take a bow.
- We continue to assist vulnerable Canadians through charitable donor-supported initiatives like the newly created MedicAlert Autism Program in partnership with Autism Canada, in addition to other programs for those living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) and other medical/cognitive conditions.
- You also enable us to partner with wonderful community-minded organizations such as the Alzheimer Society of Canada, Autism Canada, Food Allergy Canada, Pacific Autism Family Network, Canucks Autism Network, Grandview Children’s Centre, and many more.
In our 57th year, we remain the most trusted medical ID service in Canada. You make this possible with your subscriptions and donations. May maybe MedicAlert Month – but it’s our subscribers, donors and families who should be recognized. Again, thank you.
President and Chief Executive Officer
MedicAlert Foundation Canada