|If you’re diabetic, eating a well-balanced diet is important in protecting your overall health and reducing your risk of related illnesses. In addition, a balanced diet with an appropriate amount of healthy fats (such as nuts and olive oil), carbohydrates and lean proteins has been shown to help reduce the risk of high blood pressure, elevated blood sugar, and high cholesterol.
The ‘Diabetes Diet Log’ tool in the My MedicAlert App allows you to keep a record of your meals. It also provides a simple guide that can help when you’re trying to determine appropriate portions.
Interested in this helpful tool? Here are the steps to get you started:
- Open the My MedicAlert app on your phone, or click here to use the desktop version
- Click on the ‘Diabetes Diet Log’ tool on the home screen
- Use the portions guide as a reference when making your next meal
- Upload a photo of your email and enter any details you want to provide for yourself or your doctor
- Click ‘Done’ when you’re finished.
We encourage you to use the Diabetes Diet Log regularly to track your meals over time and help you to manage!
|Don’t have the MedicAlert app? It’s available for both Android and iOS. Just download and go!